Here is our list of the best countries to visit in November, no matter where you are in the world!
Wondering which are the best countries to visit in November? This will vary greatly from one person to another depending upon what one is looking for in a holiday destination. Are you looking for a tropical climate, lots of things to do, off season prices with fewer crowds, unique festivals in November, nature, wildlife spotting or adventure?
As fulltime travellers, this is something we are constantly needing to research and consider when doing our travel planning, and designing our itineraries. We like to slow travel and we are on a budget, so we try to choose destinations where it is the low to shoulder season. In most cases, this means less tourists, lower prices and more bang-for-our-buck when it comes to booking accommodation.
No matter what your requirements and desires, here is our round up of 27 of the best countries to visit in November. With an extensive number of options, travellers are spoilt for choice and there is something there to suit every type of traveller!
So why wait? Pack your bags and embark on a journey to one of these best countries to visit in November. Get ready for an adventure like no other as you explore captivating destinations that promise memories to last a lifetime.
Here is Our List of the 27 Best Countries to Visit in November
Are you planning a holiday in November? Check out our list of the best places to travel in November and enjoy your holiday like never before.
Best Countries to Visit in November in Africa
1. Egypt – Perfect Temperature for Exploring
Contributed by Pilar at ‘Travel the World Pages’
Why is Egypt one of the best countries to visit in November?
- Temperatures start decreasing compared to the scorching heat of the Summer period
- It is not too crowded
- You can enjoy some activities and accommodation at a better price than during the high season.
Located in the Northeastern part of Africa, Egypt is an ideal destination to visit in November. With its ancient historical sites, mountains, deserts and geological wonders, Egypt is the perfect destination for those looking for a cultural and adventure immersion. From the Sinai Desert and its holy mountains, to the underwater wonders of the Red Sea, and its many still undiscovered archaeological mysteries, Egypt will not leave you indifferent.
Weather in Egypt in November:
- Pretty mild temperatures between 28 – 14 °C / 83 – 58 °F.
- Days are usually still warm enough to walk in Summer clothes, but you will need a light jacked in the evenings.
- There is very little rain in Egypt in November except for in the Alexandria area.
Things to do in Egypt in November:
- Visiting the pyramids of Giza and discover the ancient Egyptian mysteries with fewer crowds.
- Climbing Mount Sinai, the holiest mountain in the world, at a pleasant temperature.
- Snorkel or scuba dive the famous Blue Hole, Dahab, while enjoying the hippie paradise of the Middle East.
- Explore the secrets of Saqqara and the Pyramid of Djoser, the oldest complete stone building in history, and enjoying a sunset camel ride.
- Discover the mysteries of the ancient Egyptian civilization in the Egyptian museum in El Cairo.
- Get sand therapy at the Siwa Oasis and improve your overall well-being in a magical setup.
2. Morocco – Perfect Month for Visiting
Contributed by Lavina at ‘Continent Hop’
Why is Morocco one of the best countries to visit in November?
- November in Morocco means the month of Autumn. That means, even though the days are shorter, the weather will be cool enough to enjoy the outdoors.
- Different events and cultural festivals are organized during November.
- You can enjoy the sea, swim, or opt for any other water activities.
The North African country of Morocco is all about Europe meeting Asia in the heart of Africa. This is where you will see everything from the scorching Moroccan Desert to the snow-capped Atlas Mountains. The mild weather, cool evening breeze with a hint of winter, and occasional rain make November a perfect month to visit Morocco.
Weather in Morocco in November:
- Morocco experiences the autumn season in November.
- Most of the country experiences 18°C to 23°C / 64°F to 73°F average daily temperatures.
- The temperature in coastal areas in Morocco in November stays around 13°C / 55°F on most days.
- When visiting coastal Morocco in November, you can carry swimwear for the day and light layers for the evening.
Things to do in Morocco in November:
- Shop in the mazes of the Medina and souks in Marrakesh.
- Take a tour of Morocco’s Game of Thrones locations and soak in the country’s medieval essence.
- Plan a trip to Casablanca and catch some sun at Madame Chol Beach, Lala Maryam Beach, and Ain Diab Beach.
- Step back in time when visiting Fes where vibrant souks and the El Bali walled medina welcome you.
- Click photos in front of the blue-washed buildings of Chefchaouen and tour the 15th-Century fortress of red-walled Kasbah.
- Add Essaouira to your itinerary if you are a water sports enthusiast.
Events / Festivals in Morocco in November:
- Morocco celebrates its Independence Day on 18th November each year with great zeal. It is marked by the spectacular reception at the imperial palace. You can also witness parades and pamper your taste buds with street foods as numerous stalls sell local delicacies this day.
Best Countries to Visit in November in Asia
3. Taiwan – Enjoy Outdoor Activities
Contributed by Chloe at ‘Chloe’s Travelogue’
Why is Taiwan one of the best countries to visit in November?
- The mildly cool weather in November makes it comfortable to walk in the city. And most likely, the typhoon season is over by then.
- November is a great time to enjoy diverse outdoor activities in the mountains and beaches, like hiking, surfing, and snorkelling.
- With less rainfall and mild weather, November is the perfect time to plan a cycling trip around the island with a stunning coast as a backdrop.
Located in East Asia, Taiwan is a safe and affordable country and the warmest place in this region in November. Compared to its neighbouring countries, Taiwan is a totally underrated destination. The warm weather, beautiful nature, delicious local cuisine, kind people, and unique culture make it an ideal destination for travellers seeking hidden gems yet to be discovered in Asia.
Weather in Taiwan in November:
- After a long brutal summer, it starts to cool down in November.
- The average temperature in Taipei in November ranges from a high of 23°C (74°F) to a low of 20°C (68°F).
- Keep in mind that the northern half of the island observes a subtropical climate whereas the southern half is tropical. The North (e.g. Taipei) frequently rains while the South (e.g. Kaohsiung) most likely is sunny.
Things to Do in Taiwan in November:
- Include a visit to Taipei 101 in your Taipei itinerary for an incredible view of Taiwan’s capital city.
- Appreciate national treasures at the National Palace Museum with 700,000 Chinese artefacts salvaged from Beijing’s Forbidden City during the Chinese Civil War.
- Gobble your way through the country’s famous night markets.
- Go easy hiking in Taroko Gorge to a stunning view of a marble gorge formed 4 million years ago.
- Visit Xiaoliuqiu Island to snorkel with green turtles.
- Relax at hot spring to treat yourself and destress.
- Head to Kaohsiung’s Fo Guang Shan and marvel at the biggest Buddhist monastery in Taiwan.
Events / Festivals in Taiwan in November:
- Shilin Residence Chrysanthemum Show decorates the residence of former President Chiang Kai-Shek’s with chrysanthemums from November to December.
- Golden Horse Film Festival and Awards is Taiwan’s most important film festival held in November.
- Xinshe Flower Festival features sea of flowers in Xinshe District, Taichung.
4. Nepal – Best Time to Go Trekking in the Himalaya Mountains
Contributed by Ellis at ‘Backpack Adventures’
Why is Nepal one of the best countries to visit in November?
1. Great for trekking in the mountains
2. Stunning mountain views
3. Festival season
Located in South Asia, Nepal is one of the best countries to visit in November. Autumn is the best time to go trekking in the Himalaya Mountains with clear blue skies and great weather. But besides the mountains, Nepal has lots of history and culture too. November is a festive season with some of Nepal’s biggest festivals. It’s a great time to visit the ancient villages full of Newari architecture and temples in the Kathmandu Valley. Finally, it is also a great time to go wildlife spotting in the jungles of Bardia and Chitwan that are lush and green after the monsoon rains.
Weather in Nepal In November:
- November marks the end of the monsoon season and the start of the dry season in Nepal.
- Temperatures range from 10 degrees to 20 degrees Celsius (50°F to 72°F) in the Kathmandu valley and from -5°C to 12°C (23°F to 54°F) in the higher altitude areas of the Himalaya mountains.
- Days are often warm and sunny, but can get chilly in the evenings and early mornings.
- The clear blue skies after the monsoon provide stunning views of the snow-capped mountains
Things to Do in Nepal in November:
- Hike the Annapurna Circuit Trek or the Everest Base Camp Trek to see the Himalaya Mountains in all its glory.
- Explore the Kathmandu valley with its traditional Newari villages and ancient temples.
- Enjoy the Tihar festivities and decorations in the city of Kathmandu.
- Go on a wildlife safari in Chitwan National Park to see rhinos.
- Relax at the shores of Phewa Lake in Pokhara.
Events / Festivals in Nepal in November:
- Tihar – Tihar, also known as Diwali or the Festival of Lights, is one of the most vibrant and cherished festivals in Nepal. Celebrated over five days, Tihar holds deep cultural and spiritual significance. Each day of the festival is dedicated to a specific theme including worshiping the crows, dogs, cows, and celebrating the bond between brothers and sisters. The highlight of Tihar is the mesmerizing display of lights, where homes and streets are adorned with colourful decorations, oil lamps, and intricate rangoli designs.
5. Thailand – Witness the Magic of the Loi Krathong Festival
Why is Thailand one of the best countries to visit in November?
- Signals the end of a long monsoon season with cooler temperatures and less humidity compared to other months
- November is shoulder season in Thailand, meaning that you can still enjoy lower prices and fewer crowds at popular tourist attractions. Expect more crowds towards the end of the month.
- November is a month filled with vibrant festivals and celebrations in Thailand, such as Loi Krathong or the Lantern Festival in Chiang Mai, Lopburi Monkey Festival and Surin Elephant Round-Up.
Thailand is renowned for its breathtaking coastlines and azure waters. Whether you desire relaxation on sandy beaches or thrilling adventures like snorkelling and scuba diving, Thailand provides a vast array of options to enjoy in October.
Visit the lively and bustling metropolises such as Bangkok and Chiang Mai, where you can immerse yourself in ancient temples, savour delectable street cuisine, and partake in the vibrant nightlife. Thailand is celebrated for its abundant cultural heritage, offering an abundance of historical sites and landmarks to explore.
But what makes Thailand really special is the amiable and hospitable Thai people who will enhance your visit, ensuring that it becomes an even more remarkable experience.
Weather in Thailand in November:
- Thailand transitions into its “cool” season.
- Temperatures range from 19 degrees to 32 degrees Celsius / 66 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit in areas like Chiang Mai and Bangkok.
- Southern Thailand (Phuket, Hua Hin, Koh Samui) is still in their monsoon season so expect rain most days.
Things to Do in Thailand in November:
- Visit Bangkok without the crowds and see the Grand Palace, Temple of the Reclining Buddha and enjoy a tipple at one of the many rooftop bars for sunset.
- No visit to Chiang Mai is complete without meandering through the Night Markets or a visit to Doi Suthep temple.
- Chiang Rai and Pai in Northern Thailand will be wet, but the scenery is beautiful in these mountain locations in October.
- If you are looking to visit a beach, both Phuket and Krabi on the west coast are good options. Enjoy the outdoors in the morning when the sun is shining, and if it rains in the afternoon, treat yourself to a massage or go shopping.
- Perfect conditions for snorkelling and scuba diving in the Phi Phi Islands.
- Learn how to cook one of the many traditional Thai food dishes by taking a cooking class.
- Enjoy a massage, or even better still, treat yourself to a Day Spa Experience.
Events / Festivals in Thailand in November:
- Loi Krathong Festival – Loi Krathong takes place on the full moon day in November, and is regarded as one of the grandest and most exquisite events of the year in Thailand. As dusk settles, individuals gather on bridges and rivers to ignite ornamental lanterns known as “khom loy” and release floral floats called “krathong” into the water. While the main festivities occur in Chiang Mai, notable events can also be found in Bangkok and other locations throughout the country.
- Lopburi Monkey Festival – Also referred to as the “Monkey Banquet,” is a distinctive celebration happening in the town of Lopburi, located north of Bangkok. This remarkable event serves as a tribute to the monkeys that reside in the town, and it involves a magnificent feast accompanied by music and dancing. The monkeys are given free rein to explore long tables filled with delectable sticky rice and abundant fruit platters while people revel in the festivities surrounding them.
- Surin Elephant Round-Up – This animal-centric festival in Surin, a province in Northeastern Thailand, is held during the third weekend of November. This event pays homage to elephants and involves a range of captivating activities. These include a grand elephant parade, where participants gather and showcase these majestic creatures. Additionally, an elephant breakfast and various talent competitions are organized, adding to the festive atmosphere.
6. Cambodia – Visit Angkor Wat Without Lots of Tourists
Contributed by Jessica at ‘Uprooted Traveler’
Why is Cambodia one of the best countries to visit in November?
- Plenty of sunshine!
- Warm, but pleasant temperatures
- Quieter than the busy December holiday season
Located in Southeast Asia, Cambodia is a country that’s full of fascinating history and an excellent destination to make your money stretch a bit further. From ancient temples to explore, to stunning and uncrowded beaches, Cambodia is the perfect getaway for any kind of traveller, especially if you’re looking for a bit of a reprieve from the cold November weather.
Weather in Cambodia In November:
- Cambodia is hot and humid year round, but cools down a bit in the winter months of November through February.
- Temperatures range from 20 to 28°C or 68 to 82°F.
- November is the tail end of the rainy season so you may experience a few showers here and there, especially towards the beginning of the month.
- Temperatures definitely drop at night, so be sure to bring a few warm layers!
Things to Do in Cambodia in November:
- Visit Siem Reap and spend at least one day in Angkor Wat, a sprawling series of Buddhist temples that’s the largest religious complex on the planet!
- Visit one of the Cambodian islands and just relax on the beach. Enjoy the Ibiza-like vibes of Saraben Bay.
- Learn about the dark, but important history of the country at the Killing Fields near Phnom Penh, where the Khmer Rouge committed genocide against over a million Cambodians
- Take a Cambodian cooking class to try your hand at this delicious cuisine that’s a mix of Indian and Southeast Asian flavours and techniques.
- Go on a Grasshopper bike tour around the Siem Reap area, where you’ll get to visit a handful of quirky social enterprises you never knew existed, like giant rats that have been trained to sniff out landmines and save countless lives.
Events / Festivals in Cambodia in November:
- Rowing Festival – This festival is held during a day of the full moon in November and celebrates being blessed by a good harvest, health, and happiness. During the festival, you’ll find tons of colourful boats racing down the Tonle Sap River in front of the Royal Palace in Phnom Penh.
7. Turkey / Türkiye – Far Fewer Crowds at Major Tourist Attractions
Contributed by Sasha at ‘Mog and Dog Travels’
Why is Turkey / Türkiye one of the best countries to visit in November?
- Ideal weather for hiking and balloon rides in Cappadocia and exploring major cities.
- Far fewer crowds at major tourist attractions such as Cappadocia and Ephesus.
- Low-season discounts on hotels, tours and flights across the country.
Straddling both Europe and Asia, Turkey is perfect for those looking for an affordable winter holiday. Historically home to a wide range of cultures and famous for its rich, varied cuisine, geographic diversity (which includes rugged mountains, stunning coastlines and lakes) and numerous ancient sites, it’s a destination where travellers will never be at a loss for things to do.
Weather in Turkey In November:
- November in Turkey is considered late autumn. The temperature varies considerably depending on where you are in the country.
- In northern Turkey (e.g. Istanbul) temperatures range from 8°C-15°C / 46°F-59°F. In central Anatolia (e.g. Cappadocia) temperatures are much cooler, averaging 0.5°C-11.7°C / 33°F-54°F. The warmest temperatures are in the Mediterranean region (e.g. Antalya) with average temperatures between 15°C-22°C / 59°F-72°F.
- If visiting northern Turkey or the Black Sea region, expect regular rain showers.
- In Cappadocia, the weather is cool and mostly dry making it perfect for hiking or a hot air balloon tour. Evenings are cold, so make sure to bring a sweater or warm jacket.
Things to do in Turkey in November:
- Enjoy Istanbul without the crowds and explore its many historic sites from the stunning Hagia Sophia mosque to the frenetic Grand Bazaar.
- Admire the unique lunar-like landscape of Cappadocia from a hot air balloon – a must-do activity on any Turkey itinerary.
- Watch a spectacular sunrise from Pamukkale’s breathtaking thermal pools.
- Visit the ancient city of Ephesus, famous for its incredibly preserved ruins and the stunning Temple of Artemis.
- Relax on the amazing golden sand beaches in Kaş, renowned for its turquoise blue waters.
- Go off the beaten track and visit Turkey’s Eastern provinces including Mardin with its amazing architecture and discover Gaziantep, a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy.
- If you love winter sports, most of Turkey’s popular ski resorts such as Uludağ, Palandöken and Sarıkamıs are best visited between December – April.
Events / Festivals in Turkey in November:
- Turkey commemorates the anniversary of the death of Kemal Atatürk, the founder of the Turkish Republic on the 10th of November. Wreaths are laid at various locations and everyone observes a minute’s silence at 09.05.
- The Istanbul Marathon takes place on the first Sunday in November. Passing some of the city’s most iconic monuments and crossing over three bridges, it’s also the only marathon in the world to take place between two continents.
8. Malaysia – Immerse Yourself in One of the Many Cultural Festivals
Contributed by Victoria at ‘Guide Your Travel’
Why is Malaysia one of the best countries to visit in November?
- Pleasant weather for outdoor activities.
- Cultural festivals showcase Malaysia’s multicultural heritage.
- Plenty of free or cheap places to eat
Located in Southeast Asia, Malaysia is a beautiful country that offers travellers many experiences. It is nestled between Thailand and Singapore and boasts a unique blend of diverse cultures, vibrant cities, stunning natural landscapes, and mouth-watering cuisine. From the iconic Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur, to the beautiful beaches of Langkawi, and the ancient rainforests of Borneo, Malaysia has something to offer every type of traveller. Whether you’re seeking adventure, relaxation, cultural immersion, or culinary delights, Malaysia will not disappoint. With its warm and welcoming people, rich history, and a mix of modern and traditional attractions, visiting Malaysia promises an unforgettable and enriching experience.
Weather in Malaysia in November:
- In November, Malaysia experiences pleasant temperatures that are generally milder compared to other months of the year.
- The average temperature ranges from 23°C to 31°C in peninsular Malaysia, including popular destinations like Kuala Lumpur and Penang.
- Coastal areas and islands enjoy slightly cooler temperatures due to the sea breeze.
- In East Malaysia, which includes the states of Sabah and Sarawak in Borneo, temperatures can range from 24°C to 32°C.
- While Malaysia does not have distinct seasons, November is considered part of the monsoon transition period.
- Occasional rainfall may occur, but it is generally less frequent compared to the rainy season months.
Things to Do in Malaysia in November:
- Visit the iconic Petronas Twin Towers, explore the vibrant street markets of Chinatown, and indulge in a shopping spree at the upscale Bukit Bintang district.
- Immerse yourself in the rich cultural heritage of Georgetown, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Explore the colourful streets adorned with street art, savour the famous local street food, and visit historic sites like Fort Cornwallis and Kek Lok Si Temple.
- Enjoy the pristine beaches, crystal-clear waters, and stunning sunsets of this tropical paradise.
- Explore the wonders of Borneo in Sabah. Climb Mount Kinabalu, the highest peak in Southeast Asia, visit the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre, go on a wildlife safari in the Kinabatangan River, and dive or snorkel in the stunning marine biodiversity of Sipadan Island.
- Escape the heat and enjoy the cool climate of the Cameron Highlands. Take scenic walks through tea plantations, visit strawberry farms and flower gardens, and sample the region’s famous teas and fresh produce.
Events / Festivals in Malaysia in November:
- Deepavali – is celebrated by the Indian community in Malaysia. It is a significant Hindu festival symbolizing the victory of light over darkness. During this time, homes are illuminated, and families come together to perform religious rituals, exchange gifts, and enjoy feasts.
- Hari Raya Haji – is an important Muslim festival in Malaysia. It commemorates the willingness of Prophet Ibrahim to sacrifice his son as an act of obedience to God. Muslims gather for prayers at mosques and perform the sacrifice of livestock, with the meat distributed to the less fortunate. Families also come together to share meals and engage in charitable activities.
- Rainforest World Music Festival – Held annually in Sarawak, Borneo, the Rainforest World Music Festival is a world-renowned musical extravaganza. It showcases a diverse lineup of traditional and contemporary music performances from various cultures around the world.
- Penang Island Jazz Festival – Jazz enthusiasts should not miss the Penang Island Jazz Festival, held in George Town, Penang. The festival brings together local and international jazz artists for a weekend of soulful performances. Attendees can enjoy a mix of traditional jazz, fusion, and contemporary styles while soaking in the charming atmosphere of the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
9. Japan – Best Chance To See Mount Fuji
Contributed by Christina at ‘Honest Travel Stories’
Why is Japan one of the best countries to visit in November?
- Fewer crowds than the high season from April
- Mild weather, perfect to spend a lot of time outside
- The best chances to see Mount Fuji
Located in what most people call “The Far East“, Japan is ideal as an autumn destination and it’s encapsulating the best of all worlds: it’s not too hot, not too cold, and not too crowded. There’s probably no one in this world that wouldn’t love Japan, to be fair, as it has it all. You can do anything here, from visiting traditional temples and shrines to seeing the most modern buildings in the world, from skiing to diving, from hiking to relaxing in a hot spring. And if you’re really organized and managed to make yourself a great Japan autumn itinerary, you’ll manage to cover a lot of these amazing options in just two weeks.
Weather in Japan In November:
- November is one of the Autumn months in Japan, ensuring the transition between the hot and humid months of the summer to the cold winter months.
- Temperatures average around 12 degrees Celsius / 54 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The chances of rain ruining your trip are quite small.
- While you might need to wear a long-sleeved shirt if starting early, you’ll definitely get to wear T-shirts for the rest of the day.
This time of the year is great also because it allows for the highest chance of spotting Mount Fuji, and it’s the “other” season for travelling in Japan: the cool season most travellers don’t know about. While everyone knows about the cherry blossom season, most people don’t know about the fall foliage that will make your trip amazing.
Things to Do in Japan in November:
- See the only geisha show that takes place in Japan in November (all the others are in April). You’ll have to visit Kyoto for this, but it’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience I fully recommend.
- View Mount Fuji from any of the five lakes around it. One of the best views in the world is from Lake Hakone, and November is the best time to enjoy it.
- See fall foliage in any of the Japanese gardens you can find even in the most crowded places.
- Enjoy a hot spring in a traditional inn (ryokan), where you get to taste local food and sleep in a traditional room with bamboo rugs and futon beds.
Events / Festivals in Japan in November:
- While this is not a festival per se, it’s still a special event that only takes place once a year. In Kyoto, there are only 5 geisha houses, and four of them have their graduation show in April, while the other one has this performance in November. The house is called Gion Odori and their event takes place every year in the Gion Kaikan theatre. The event is dedicated to the passing of the seasons and can be enjoyed by everyone, so add this to your itinerary if you want to immerse yourself in the traditional Japanese arts.
10. South Korea – Colours of the Autumn Foliage
Contributed by Ingrid at ‘Zen Moments in Korea’
Why is South Korea one of the best countries to visit in November?
- Stunningly beautiful fall foliage
- Perfect temperatures for hiking and exploring beautiful nature
- Still great for surfing
South Korea is located in East Asia, bordered by North Korea to the north, the Sea of Japan and Russia to the east, China to the west, and South Korea’s East Sea to the south. It is a dynamic destination that combines modern city life with beautiful natural surroundings. Whether you’re looking for an exciting urban adventure or a tranquil outdoor escape, the country has something to offer everyone, especially during fall season.
For those looking to explore the vibrant cities, Seoul or Busan have endless attractions from traditional royal palaces and ancient temples to futuristic skyscrapers and modern shopping malls. Or if you’d rather spend time in nature, the country is home to some of the most stunning national parks and beaches in the world.
Weather in South Korea In November:
- November is the last month of autumn in South Korea.
- The average temperature during this month ranges from 8°C (46°F) at night to 17°C (62°F) during the day.
- Unlike spring when the air can get very polluted, autumn is one of the clearest seasons in South Korea.
- The rainy season has passed, so days are perfect for exploring, without precipitations or high temperatures.
Things to Do in South Korea in November:
- Haeundae Beach: This beautiful beach in Busan is the perfect spot for spending a day surfing.
- Gyeongbokgung Palace: Located in downtown Seoul, this grand palace was once the home of Korea’s kings and queens. Visitors during November will be able to enjoy beautiful fall foliage while exploring the traditional architecture and gardens that surround it.
- Namsan Park: This park is nestled on Namsan Mountain, in the heart of Seoul, and is home to some of the city’s most spectacular views. There are many walking trails, allowing visitors to take in all its beauty from a variety of angles. NSeoul Tower sits at the top of the mountain and it’s easily one of the most popular attractions during autumn.
- Nami Island and The Garden of the Morning Calm – stunningly beautiful nature attractions throughout the year, they peak in popularity during the fall season.
- Jeonju Hanok Village: the traditional village located in the city of Jeonju offers an authentic glimpse into South Korean culture and architecture. You can explore the village’s many hanok (traditional Korean homes), browse the quaint shops, and enjoy a variety of delicious local dishes.
Best Countries to Visit in November in Central and South America
11. Colombia – Enjoy the Attractions With No Crowds
Contributed by Giorgy at ‘gextremetravel’
Why is Colombia one of the best countries to visit in November?
- As the rainy season comes to an end, the weather in November is going to be ideal with temperatures between 20-25°C / 68-77°F.
- Low-season rates.
- Having beaches and main attractions all to yourself with no crowds.
Colombia is located in the north of South America and is bordered by Panama, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil and Venezuela. It boasts a varied landscape including Amazon rainforest, Andes mountains, Caribbean coastlines and colonial cities.
With its rich cultural heritage and diverse natural landscapes, Colombia is an ideal destination for any traveller looking for adventure. The country offers everything from tropical beaches and rainforest to snow-covered mountains, as well as vibrant cities that are bursting with culture.
Colombia is also known for its friendly locals, delicious local cuisine and fantastic nightlife. With its laid-back lifestyle, beautiful scenery, and amazing people, Colombia is definitely one of the best countries to visit in November!
Weather in Colombia In November:
- In November, the wet season is coming to an end and it will be transitioning into dry season.
- Temperatures in Colombia in November range from 20-25°C / 68-77°F.
- Best to avoid the Andes region which is considered to have more downpours.
- Barranquilla, Cartagena, and Santa Marta are cities situated along the Caribbean coast that maintain warm weather and experience heavy, but brief tropical showers.
Things to Do in Colombia in November:
- Visit the Walled City of Cartagena located on the Caribbean coast. Cartagena declared independence from Spain on November 11th, making it the first city in Colombia to do so. Although the official celebration is on the Monday following the 11th, Cartagena celebrates Independence Day for the first two weeks of November with parades, parties, fireworks, dance performances, and Caribbean music.
- Hike the Ciudad Perdida (Lost City Trek) hike is often considered better than the Machu Picchu ruins in Peru.
- Explore Cabo de La Vela either by hiring a 4WD to tour the sands or by jeep.
- Go on a Wildlife Safari in Tayrona National Park to see exotic wildlife and explore its pristine beaches.
- Discover Medellin, Colombia’s second-largest city and the birthplace of the Medellin Cartel. Enjoy its vibrant street art, nightlife, and local cuisine.
- You should go and visit the Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá.
Events / Festivals in Colombia in November:
- In addition to the Independence Day celebration in Cartagena, Colombia also hosts the Pirarucu de Oro Festival in mid-November. It celebrates Amazonian popular music and showcases its impact on music across the continent. Festival attendees gather at Concha Acústica – Francisco de Orellana Park in Leticia to enjoy various Amazonian music genres, food and learn about the cultural heritage of the Amazon’s residents from Colombia, Brazil, and Peru.
12. Costa Rica – Best Time for Spotting Wildlife
Contributed by Kristin at ‘Tiny Footsteps Travel’
Why is Costa Rica one of the best countries to visit in November?
- It’s the end of the wet season, which means warm and sunny weather
- There are much fewer crowds at the beaches and other attractions
- It’s a great time of year to spot native wildlife; tropical birds, sloths and monkeys
Located in Central America, Costa Rica is the most popular Latin American country to visit as a tourist. Between beaches, rainforests, authentic coffee and chocolate farm tours, as well as luxury and family resorts, Costa Rica is a diverse country that appeals to a variety of travellers. With its commitment to biodiversity, Costa Rica is home to the largest, and most famous cloud forest in the world and allows us to connect with nature and see exotic wildlife in their own habitat.
Weather in Costa Rica in November:
- End of the rainy season, and the days are becoming sunnier and warmer around this time.
- Temperatures range from 24 to 29 degrees Celsius / 75 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Expect mostly sunny days, but come prepared with a light rain jacket and/or poncho in case of sporadic showers throughout the day.
Things to Do in Cost Rica in November:
- Visit La Fortuna from which you have beautiful views of the Arenal Volcano.
- Head to Manuel Antonio to enjoy a mix of beaches and rainforest.
- Try hiking and ziplining in the rainforests of Monteverde.
- Explore the mountain town of Monteverde and visit the most well-known cloud forest in the world, as well as other.
- Relax on the beaches of Guanacaste, the sunniest region in Costa Rica.
Events / Festivals in Costa Rica in November:
- Dia de Los Muertos / Day of the Dead – While Dia de Los Muertos isn’t as popular in Costa Rica as it is in other Latin American countries such as Mexico, it is still a special day where Costa Ricas honour their ancestors with flowers, rituals, masses and processions. Dia de Los Muertos takes place every year in on November 2nd
- La Ruta de los Conquistadoras – Also in early November, Costa Ricans celebrate La Ruta de Los Conquistadoras, which is similar to Tour de France and involves three days of bikers crossing the country from the Pacific to the Caribbean coast. The coolest part? You don’t have to be Costa Rican to register. If you’re up to the challenge of biking in challenging terrain with incredible views, you can register for La Ruta as a visitor in Costa Rica.
Best Countries to Visit in November in Europe
13. Iceland – See the Northern Lights
Contributed by Victoria at ‘Iceland Trippers’
Why is Iceland one of the best countries to visit in November?
1. Start of the off-season so fewer crowds and lower prices
2. Best time to visit Iceland to visit ice caves
3. Go to see the Northern Lights
Located in the North Atlantic Ocean, Iceland is a part of Northern Europe and is best known for being the land of fire and ice. Therefore, this country has a dynamic natural landscape that includes impressive volcanos, incredible glaciers, unique black-sand beaches, and awesome waterfalls. In particular, November is an ideal time to visit since you can see the Northern Lights dancing through the air and explore local ice caves that are only open seasonally.
Weather in Iceland In November:
- In November, it is Winter, the coldest season of the year, with January and February being the coldest months.
- In November, temperatures range from 4°C / 40 °F, during the day to -6°C / 20°F, in the evening.
- Short days with only 6 hours of daylight.
- Mostly cloudy weather with only 42 hours of sunshine per month
- Snowfall is moderate to light with regions like Hallormsstaður receiving a max of 6.6 inches per month. Other regions only receive 2.3 inches of snow per month.
Things to Do in Iceland in November:
- Visit an ice cave that is formed inside one of the country’s glaciers. Vatnajokull Glacier is a great place to visit and be sure to book a tour so you have the right gear.
- Drive the Golden Circle and visit Gullfoss Waterfall, Thingvellir National Park, and The Geysir Geothermal Area. Make sure your vehicle is winterized since roads can become icy.
- See the Northern Lights in Vatnajökull National Park, Seltjarnarnes near Reykjavík, the Snæfellsnes peninsula, and Þingvellir National Park.
- Warm up in the hot springs at the Blue Lagoon and Sky Lagoon. Both are popular so book tickets well in advance. You’ll also want to visit the Blue Lagoon after arriving since it is located near the airport.
- Go dog sledding in Akureyri. Operators will use Siberian Huskies or Greenland Dogs and sleds can reach speeds of up to 12.5 miles per hour.
Events / Festivals in Iceland in November:
- Head to the capital and enjoy the Iceland Airwaves Festival. It’s a fun, alternative music event that lasts for four days and that includes performances by bands from all over the world in Reykjavik.
14. Italy – Explore Historical Sites Without the Crowds
Contributed by Lisa at ‘Waves and Cobblestones’
Why is Italy one of the best countries to visit in November?
1. Less crowds, so you’re able to experience more top attractions
2. Avoid the summer heat, so you can more comfortably explore cities in central and southern Italy
3. Lower hotel rates, so your budget goes further
Italy, located in Southern Europe, is the perfect country to visit in November. Spend your days exploring the art, culture, and cuisine of this amazing country. Immerse yourself in historic sites such as the Colosseum and savour the mouth-watering cuisine for which Italy is famous. From the thrill of the iconic monuments and piazzas of Rome, to the romantic canals of Venice, to the natural splendour of the Amalfi coast, the choices are endless!
Weather in Italy in November:
- Autumn – the days are getting shorter and the weather can be variable.
- Temperatures range from 6 degrees to 11 degrees Celsius in cities like Milan in the north of Italy (and colder in the mountainous regions), with temperatures ranging from 9 degrees to 17 degrees Celsius in the south of Italy.
- November is prone to rain showers, so pack layers and be prepared for the weather.
Things to Do in Italy in November:
- Visit Rome, Italy’s captivating capital. Take a delectable food tour in Rome and savour classic Italian favourites while you stroll past iconic monuments such as the Colosseum and the Pantheon.
- Explore the ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum, buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius.
- In the Vatican City, take a tour of St. Peter’s Basilica to admire the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
- Stroll along the canals of Venice and take a romantic gondola ride.
- Indulge in some retail therapy with some high-end shopping in Milan, the fashion capital of the world.
- Take a trip to Florence and visit world-class museums such as the Uffizi Gallery, renowned for its 14th Century and Renaissance masterpieces.
Events / Festivals in Italy In November:
- Celebrate all things truffle at the International White Truffle Fair in Alba, Italy. The festival runs from the beginning of October through the beginning of December.
- Get into the swing at the Roma Jazz Festival, with Italian and international jazz artists.
15. Spain – Warmest Place to Visit in November in this Region
Contributed by Milijana at ‘World Travel Connector’
Why is Spain one of the best countries to visit in November?
- Southern Spain and the Canary Islands are top destinations for sunshine seekers
- Fewer crowds in the Spanish mainland
- Lower rates for tours and accommodation on the Spanish mainland
Located in the Iberian peninsula and with gorgeous sun-bathed islands, Spain is a top destination. Spain is among the most visited countries in the world for its rich historical and cultural heritage, delicious traditional Spanish food, lovely beaches, stunning architecture, and vibrant Mediterranean lifestyle. Spain in November is a top destination for exciting cities and sunshine in the south. Spanish cities like Barcelona, Madrid, and Valencia are fabulous year-round. But the warm weather in the south of the country is what attracts most visitors to Spain in November.
Weather in Spain in November:
November in Spain is autumn. While northern Spain can be rainy in November, southern Spain and the Canary Islands are the top warm destinations in Europe in November. Gorgeous cities in Andalusia, like Malaga, Granada, Seville, Cordoba, and Cadiz, see lots of sunshine in November.
The average daily maximum in Andalusia is 20 C / 68 F, and the average daily minimum is 12 C / 54 F. However, Costa del Sol (the Coast of Sun) and Costa de la Luz (the Coast of Light) see even higher temperatures in November. They are some of the favourite destinations of sunshine enthusiasts in Europe.
Besides southern Spain, the Canary Islands are a top travel destination in Europe in November for ‘snowbirds’. The average daily maximum in the Canary Islands in November is 24 C / 75 F, and the average daily minimum is 19 C / 66 F.
Things to do in Spain in November:
- Enjoy the beaches of the Canary Islands and southern Spain.
- Hike Teide National Park in Tenerife.
- Visit Alhambra in Granada.
- Tour the Alcazar Palace and Seville Cathedral without crowds.
- See the famous La Mezquita Cathedral in Cordoba.
- Go for an Andalucia road trip and see the magical pueblos blancos.
Festivals in Spain in November:
- International Sherry Week is a festival that celebrates the famous Sherry wine. The festival happens in Andalusia at the beginning of November. However, the most popular International Sherry Week festival is in Jerez de la Frontera, the hometown of sherry wine. Don’t miss trying out the authentic Sherry wine during the International Sherry Week festival in Jerez de la Frontera.
- Seville European Film Festival is among the most famous film festivals in Spain. European. The festival promotes European films for a week in the first part of November. Seville European Film Festival is a must-attend for true cinephiles.
- Granada Chestnut Festival celebrates the harvesting season of chestnuts. The festival happens in Granada on November 1. It is a joyful social event of people gathering, singing, dancing, roasting chestnuts, and enjoying yummy roasted chestnuts!
- Saint Andrew Festival happens on November 29 / 30th across Spain. However, the most famous is in Tenerife. The festival is in honour of Saint Andrew, the patron saint of fishermen and vignerons. The festival-goers enjoy wine, roasted chestnuts, fireworks, and bonfires.
16.France – Drink Wine at the Beaujolais Nouveau Festival
Contributed by Kylie at ‘Life in Rural France’
Why is France one of the best countries to visit in November?
1. It’s truffle season and you’ll find every possible variety
2. Easier access to the many museums and art galleries
3. Fewer crowds and cheaper accommodation
France is situated in the western part of Europe across the channel from England bordered by the Bay of Biscay and the North Sea. It has a hugely diverse culture and as you drive through France, you’ll see this reflected in the towns and villages from the vineyards in the Loire Valley to the beaches along the Atlantic Coast. Its proximity to Spain and Andorra means there is a lot of Spanish food that has crept into French gastronomy up in the Pyrenees mountains.
Weather in France In November:
- Autumn – the colours are still lovely at this time of year
- Temperatures vary dramatically between Paris in the North, 36-46°F (2-8°C), and the Riviera in the South, 48-61°F (9-16°C).
- The French Riviera gets cold at night so you’ll need some winter woollies and it’s the same in central France.
- Paris in the rain is beautiful, but make sure you have an umbrella with you whenever you go out.
Things to Do in France in November:
- Take a trip to the Château de Versailles just outside of Paris.
- Explore the iconic tourist attractions in Paris such as the Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower, and the Louvre, and take a stroll down the Champs-Élysèes.
- Visit Dijon and the beautiful Burgundy region and enjoy the annual International and Gastronomic Fair.
- Don’t forget to go to the renowned Provence region and visit the historic city of Marseille.
- And Bordeaux, known as “La perle d’Aquitaine“, has some fantastic museums, including Les Bassins de Lumieres, a digital art museum in an old World War II German submarine base.
- If you love skiing then the French Alps are open and the season is just starting.
- Towards the end of November the Christmas Markets start to appear and Strasbourg has the best in Europe.
Events / Festivals in France in November:
- Happening all over France in November is Beaujolais Nouveau (Festival of New Wine). It always takes place on the third week in November and celebrates the release of new wine at exactly 12.01 am. A lot of wine is drunk, fireworks are let off and parties happen all around the country. The French love their wine and it’s a great excuse to enjoy a glass or two straight after the grape harvest.
17. Malta – Great Rates for Accommodation and Fewer Tourists
Contributed by Lowri at ‘Many Other Roads’
Why Is Malta one of the best countries to visit in November?
- Great Weather
- Fewer tourists
- Cheaper rates at hotels and other attractions
In Southern Europe situated in the Mediterranean Sea, you will find the stunning Island of Malta. This picturesque Mediterranean country is packed with history, culture, and sunshine—the perfect combination for an unforgettable holiday. From ancient cities to hidden caves, this is the ultimate destination for everyone to visit.
Weather in Malta in November:
- Even though November is the start of Malta’s winter season, it really doesn’t feel like it.
- The average temperature for this time of year ranges from around 14-20 degrees Celsius (57.2 F- 68 F), so it’s often the perfect weather for exploring.
- The skies are typically sunny with some occasional rain showers throughout the month. With an average of 11 hours of sunshine each day, you can still get plenty of Vitamin D. To make the most of the sunshine, book a hotel with a rooftop pool you can use all year round.
Things to do in Malta in November:
- Visit the historic Three Cities of Malta: Vittoriosa, Senglea and Cospicua.
- Hire a private boat to explore the blue lagoon with an expert travel guide and no crowds.
- Take the ferry over to the stunning Gozo Island.
- Explore the amazing views over Malta from the Red Keep.
- Book a glass-blowing tour to learn about Malta’s famous glass.
Events / Festivals in Malta in November:
- Malta is always full of great events that change annually. The most popular one to visit in November is the Three Palaces Festival Early Opera & Music Festival. This 10-day festival includes amazing performances from renowned international artists set in three of Malta’s majestic palaces. The Three Palaces Festival celebrates the beauty and majesty of early opera and music from different periods and styles.
18. Portugal – One of the Warmest Place to Visit in November in this Region
Contributed by Tamara at ‘My Elated Odyssey’
Why is Portugal one of the best countries to visit in November?
- One of the warmest Western European countries to visit during this time
- The peak season crowds are gone, allowing you to visit tourist attractions comfortably
- Benefits of lower accommodation costs.
Located in the west of continental Europe, sharing a border with Spain, Portugal is one of the most ideal European countries to visit during the month of November. The country’s mild climate throughout November promises visitors some of the warmest weather in Europe and the chance to explore popular tourist sites at their own pace. Between its bustling metropolitan cities, historical centres, beach towns, and island destinations, there is a location for anyone to enjoy during this time.
Weather in Portugal In November:
- Winter- the start of the colder season
- Temperatures fall between 9 to 20 degrees Celsius / 48 to 68 degrees Fahrenheit
- Can expect to run into some rainfall, but it is not too heavy or frequent
- You’ll have more sunshine-filled than rainy days, but nights can still become chilly
- Southern Portugal and the island chains such as the Algarve experience warmer and sunnier weather conditions than Porto.
- While you can still enjoy a day on the beach like in Cascais, expect to layer up due to wind chill and generally colder temperatures.
Things to Do in Portugal in November:
- Explore the vibrant city of Lisbon and ride the historical trams to see iconic landmarks such as Belém Tower.
- Visit Porto and become engulfed in its charming environment, where you can enjoy views from the historical Ribeira district and drink port wine.
- Watch one of the best sunsets from the Boca do Inferno and walk along the beach during a trip to Cascais.
- Walk into a fairy-tale and visit the beautiful and historical castles and gardens of Sintra.
- Take advantage of the absence of peak-season crowds and journey to Lagos to enjoy the old town, beach views, and incredible scenery from the coastline.
- Appreciate the serene beauty of the Azores islands, where you can visit stunning volcanic views and hiking through the landscape.
Events / Festivals in Portugal in November:
- All Saints’ Day – A day dedicated as a tribute to family and friends who have passed, always celebrated on the 1st of November. Portuguese locals typically spend this November holiday visiting the graves of their loved ones and having family gatherings in honour of the saints.
- Feira Nacional do Cavalo Golegã – An event hosted annually in the town of Golegã, which is located in the centre of the country, north of Lisbon. It’s one of the most widely held horse shows worldwide and visits can enjoy different equestrian activities and horse competitions.
19. Croatia – End of the Tourist Season
Contributed by Sara at ‘Mindful Travel’
Why is Croatia one of the best countries to visit in November?
- The weather is usually mild and sunny, making it ideal for exploring the country’s stunning scenery.
- Accommodation and flights are cheaper in November since the tourist season has ended.
- There are fewer crowds so you can get more out of your visit without worrying about lines or packed tourist attractions.
Croatia is a beautiful country located in the southern part of Europe, along the coast of the Adriatic Sea. With its stunning landscapes, rich culture, and history, Croatia is an excellent choice for a winter vacation. The mild Mediterranean climate makes November ideal for exploring places like Zagreb, islands near Split, Dubrovnik, and Plitvice National Park.
Weather in Croatia In November:
- November, even though it’s winter, is considered a mild month in Croatia, with temperatures ranging from 45 to 65 degrees Fahrenheit (7 to 18 degrees Celsius). The days are usually sunny, and the nights are cool.
- Rain is usually infrequent during November, allowing travellers to enjoy outdoor activities.
- While the Adriatic coast can experience some strong winds in November, inland areas are usually calmer and more pleasant to explore.
- Croatia’s mountain regions, such as Plitvice Lakes National Park and Gorski Kotar Natural Park, provide stunning views during this time of year when snow begins to blanket the landscape.
Things to Do in Croatia in November:
- Explore the Plitvice Lakes National Park – Enjoy spectacular views of nature and take a boat ride in one of the sixteen lakes.
- Visit Zagreb’s Christmas Markets – Get your holiday shopping done early at this annual event that features local crafts, souvenirs, and more.
- Explore Dubrovnik Old Town – Go back in time as you discover what life was like centuries ago through its impressive architecture.
- Sample local cuisine on Hvar Island – Try some of the best seafood dishes Croatia has to offer while taking in stunning views from scenic spots around town.
- Take a day trip to Krka National Park – Experience Croatia’s natural beauty with breathtaking waterfalls, visit historic sites, and explore picturesque villages.
Events / Festivals in Croatia in November:
- Advent in Zagreb – A month-long event offering a variety of activities throughout the city that includes markets, concerts, and cultural events.
- The Feast of St. Martin’s Day – Held on November 11th, it is celebrated with a traditional feast featuring local dishes.
- Dubrovnik Winter Festival – Taking place from mid-November to early December, this festival features music and theatre performances set against the backdrop of historical sites.
- Jazz Fest Rovinj – This jazz music festival runs for 2 weeks in November, showcasing some of Croatia’s best musicians.
- Split Traditional Markets – Every Saturday during the month there are markets held along Diocletian’s Palace where you can purchase handmade crafts and souvenirs.
- Poreč Open Air Poetry Festival – Held at various venues around town from late October to mid-November this poetry event celebrates Croatia’s literary heritage.
20. Lithuania – Christmas Markets and Festivals
Contributed by JJ at ‘Travel Across the Borderline’
Why is Lithuania one of the best countries to visit in November?
- November is the beginning of Lithuania’s winter season, so it’s a great time to enjoy some snow-filled activities.
- November is also the start of the Christmas season in Lithuania, and many markets and festivals occur during this time.
- There are fewer tourists visiting Lithuania at this time of year so you won’t be bothered by large crowds and accommodation prices are cheaper too.
Lithuania is situated in the Baltic region of Northern Europe, bordering Latvia to the north, Belarus to the east, and Poland to the south. It offers visitors stunning views of rolling hills, lush forests, and access to the Baltic Sea. Its vibrant cities are full of culture with beautiful architecture, art galleries, and unique museums. Lithuania also boasts an impressive cuisine, as well as plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy such as kayaking, hiking, and skiing.
Traveling to Lithuania in November is a great opportunity for exploring the country’s many attractions without crowds. The weather is mild, and you can take advantage of some great deals on accommodation and flights during this time. Plus, unique Christmas celebrations are just beginning!
Weather in Lithuania In November:
- Late Autumn / Early Winter
- Temperatures range from 0 degrees to 3 degrees Celsius / 32 to 37 degrees Fahrenheit
- Average of 6 snow days in November
Things to Do in Lithuania in November:
- Vilnius in November: Explore the vibrant city and its beautiful architecture, art galleries, and unique museums.
- Warm up from the cold by enjoying Vilnius’ incredible foodie scene.
- Visit a country within a city: Uzupis is a small area of Vilnius that has claimed itself as a sovereign state. You can get your passport stamped, drink from a fountain of beer, and meet the ambassador of Uzupis – a large ginger cat!
- Birštonas in November: Relax at one of the many spa centres or hot springs for some needed R&R during this time.
- Trakai in November: Marvel at the ancient castle that dates back centuries, there are barely any tourists here at this time of year so you are likely to have the castle to yourself. Visit the nearby lake and wrap up warm to enjoy picturesque scenery while boating on calm waters.
Events / Festivals in Lithuania in November:
- All Saints’ and All Souls Days: At the beginning of November, Lithuania celebrates these solemn holidays with thousands of candles lighting up cemeteries – a sight you won’t want to miss.
- Christmas Bazaar: Get in the holiday spirit at one of the many Christmas markets that open on the last weekend of November. You can find some unique gifts and sample traditional Lithuanian foods.
- Scanorama: Throughout November, the Scanorama film festival screens films from the Nordic and Baltic countries at central locations in Vilnius. Catch a movie or two during your stay!
21. Germany – Warmest Place to Visit in October in this Region
Contributed by Lexi at ‘A Trip in Nature’
Why is Germany one of the best countries to visit in November?
- The country is less visited in November
- Hotels and activities are cheaper at this time
- Weather is reasonable during this time
Located in Western Europe, Germany is a charming autumn / fall destination if you can handle a little cold weather. Much of the country’s attractions are still visitable in November, such as the beautiful architecture, museums and sites, and it is the best time to indulge in the meat heavy dishes. You will definitely want to add cold weather wear in your suitcase, but it is worth visiting none-the-less.
Weather in Germany In November:
- November is Autumn / Fall in Germany.
- Average temperature in November is 8 degrees Celsius / 46 degrees Fahrenheit, but can be as low as 2 degrees Celsius / 36 degrees Fahrenheit in the evening.
- There can be some rain in November, with the month seeing 4 – 8 days of rain.
- Jackets are needed during the day, and perhaps even gloves and a scarf depending on your cold tolerance.
- There is occasionally snow in November in Germany.
- It’s not too windy during this time, especially in the main cities where wind chill is at low or medium strength.
Things to Do in Germany in November:
- Visit Rothenburg ob de Tauber, a colourful old town near Munich.
- Walk the streets of Berlin and Munich in relative peace as most tourists have already left for the year.
- If visiting in early November, you can explore the wineries that dot the country before it starts to get too cold.
- A visit to Neuschwanstein Castle is good any time of the year. The beautiful castle is a 19th Century marvel which can be found in the south of Germany.
- Visit the thermal baths in Baden-Baden for some relief from the cold.
Events / Festivals in Germany in November:
- Christmas Markets – Some Christmas markets will open up as November nears its end. If you happen to find one, it’s a great chance to get in some early Christmas shopping.
- Jazzfest Berlin – A musical event happening in November where you’ll get to hear new and old artists perform. A must see if you love music.
- Allerhailigen and Allerheiligen – Translating to All Saints Day and All Souls Day, this is Germany’s version of Halloween. The fun covers November 1st and 2nd, so you’ll miss it if visiting later in the month. There aren’t too many official events during this time, but you will be able to do some themed shopping for the holiday.
22. Ireland – Low Season Pricing
Contributed by Alec at ‘Explore With Alec’
Why is Ireland one of the best countries to visit in November?
- Hiking trails are emptier, but you can still hike to your heart’s delight!
- Fewer crowds at popular destinations.
- Flights and lodging cheaper
Located in Northern Europe, Ireland is ideal as a shoulder season destination and is still a great place to visit before winter hits the beautiful island. The stunning views, amazing and kind people, and great food make Ireland a must-visit destination. While you might trade some sunny days for clouds this time, the cheaper visit will surely offset it!
Weather in Ireland In November:
- Fall in Ireland isn’t the coldest or wettest, but it sure aint summer anymore!
- Temperatures range from 11 degrees to 6 degrees Celsius / 52 to 43 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The west side of Ireland sees more wintry weather than the eastern side.
- Expect rain and clouds for a portion of your trip to Ireland in November.
- The days are shorter in November, with an average sunrise and sunset time of 7:50 am and 4:30 pm.
Things to Do in Ireland in November:
- Head out on a great road trip starting in Dublin. You can do the northern route, Wild Atlantic Way, or head south on the eastern coast.
- Explore the many trails and National Parks Ireland has!
- Indulge in the great food and drinks Ireland is known for.
- Visit castles in the southern portion of the island.
- Check out the Christmas markets, as many begin in mid to late November.
- Enjoy museums or other culturally significant indoor exhibits.
Best Countries to Visit in the Middle East in November
23. Jordan – Best Time To Visit the Historic Sites
Contributed by Chris at ‘Around the World With Me’
Why is Jordan one of the best countries to visit in November?
- Cooler temperatures make visiting the historic sites – which requires a lot of walking – more comfortable
- Popular sites like Petra and Wadi Rum are less crowded due to the off-season
- Airfare to get there is usually cheaper than high-season
Located in the Middle East, Jordan is an ideal destination for a November adventure. Summer temperatures in Jordan can be sweltering, and the constant sunshine can make it difficult to escape the heat. By November, the air has cooled to a comfortable temperature, making it easy to explore the many historic sites across the country.
Known primarily for the ancient Nabatean site of Petra, Jordan is also home to numerous Roman ruins, the Dead Sea, and the stunning Wadi Rum desert. Trips to Jordan are active holidays and you will do a ton of walking. Best to enjoy it without the threat of heat stroke!
Weather in Jordan in November:
- November is late autumn in Jordan and brings more frequent rain, but still mainly sunshine.
- November temperatures range from 8 degrees to 18 degrees Celsius / 47 to 64 degrees Fahrenheit in Petra, 10-20 degrees Celsius (50-68 F) in Amman, and 20 to 25 Celsius (68 – 77 F) at the Dead Sea.
- Average monthly precipitation in Amman is 24mm (1”) in November.
- Jordan does not observe daylights savings, so expect skies to stay light till about 6:00 PM in November.
- Jordan is a mountainous country, so the weather can vary greatly depending on where you are. Chances of rain are higher in Petra than in Wadi Rum or at the Dead Sea.
Things to do in Jordan in November:
- Hike all over Petra, one of the new 7 Wonders of the World.
- Float in the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth.
- Take a Jeep tour across the Wadi Rum desert, home to some of the reddest sand you will ever see.
- Try all the Jordanian food you can fit in your belly in Amman.
- Tour the ancient Roman ruins of Jerash.
- Stay overnight in a traditional Bedouin tent and experience true Jordanian hospitality.
Best Countries to Visit in November in North America
24. Canada – Perfect for Hiking Enthusiasts
Contributed by Kelly at ‘Just One Passport’
Why is Canada one of the best countries to visit in November?
- It’s the shoulder season making it less expensive and fewer crowds
- The weather is perfect for hiking enthusiasts
- It’s the beginning of Canada’s ski season
Canada, located in the northern part of North America, is the second largest country in the world by land mass. It is a vast and diverse country that captivates visitors with its breathtaking landscapes, rich history, and vibrant multiculturalism. With a population of over 37 million people, Canada is known for its friendly residents, high standard of living, and strong commitment to equality and diversity. From the rugged Rocky Mountains in the west to the Atlantic coastline in the east, Canada offers a diverse range of natural wonders and activities for outdoor enthusiasts visiting in November.
Weather in Canada in November:
- November is the month that the weather transitions between Fall and Winter, resulting in rising, yet comfortable temperatures.
- Average temperature is -1 degrees Celsius / 30 degrees Fahrenheit. Higher elevations can dip as low as -5 degrees Celsius / 23 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Southern cities, such as Montreal, Calgary, and Edmonton tend to be warmer during the winter months.
- Expect light snowfall.
- The air is crisp, however the sun takes the chill off.
- Dress in layers.
Things to Do in Canada in November:
- Attend one of the Christmas parades taking place throughout the Country.
- Be mesmerized by the light show put on in the evenings in Niagara Falls.
- Sip some wine at one of the many wineries in Ontario’s Niagara Region or the Okanagan Valley in British Columbia.
- Ski the slopes in Quebec, Ontario, British Columbia, and Alberta.
- Hike one of the many trails, however, check the weather forecast prior to hiking in the mountains.
- View polar bears in Manitoba.
- Ride the gondola up Grouse Mountain or bike around Stanley Park in Vancouver.
25. Mexico – Shoulder Season Allows for More Affordable Travel
Contributed by Karen at ‘Outdoor Adventure Sampler’
Why is Mexico one of the best countries to visit in November?
- It is definitely worth visiting Mexico in November as it is the shoulder season so fewer crowds gather at popular attractions.
- Outstanding natural beauty with beaches, cenotes, jungles, ocean beaches, and wildlife is enjoyable during the moderate temperatures of November in Mexico.
- More affordable prices on accommodation and dining can be found in November.
Mexico in the southern portion of North America. It is bordered to the north by the United States and by the Caribbean Sea, Pacific Ocean, and Gulf of Mexico in other directions. It is composed of 31 states.
Mexico has so many unique places to visit with its magnificent natural beauty, ancient ruins, and picturesque colonial cities. Water activities from the sandy beaches and the crystal clear cenotes include swimming, snorkelling, diving, fishing, and kayaking.
Weather in the Mexico In November:
- November is right after the hurricane season so expect dry weather with only 7 days of rain in the month.
- Daytime temperatures hover around 22-30° C. (72-86° F.) depending on the area.
- Air temperatures are perfect for outdoor activities without being too hot.
- Sea temperatures make swimming pleasant and cooling breezes with lots of sun make relaxing on the beautiful beaches very appealing.
Things to Do in Mexico in November:
- Visit the beach destination of Cabo San Lucas on the Baja peninsula to enjoy sand and surf.
- Kayak on Lake Bacalar, the Lagoon of Seven Colours in Quintana Roo.
- Visit the Monarch butterfly migration in the central highlands of Michoacán.
- See flocks of flamingos on a boat trip from Celestun in the Yucatan.
- Visit historic Mexico City for photographic colonial architecture and authentic Mexican cuisine.
- Visit Maya and Aztec ruins such as Chichen Itza, Ek Balam or Tenochtitlán.
- Snorkel or scuba dive at the Mesoamerican Reef in Cozumel, the second biggest reef system in the world!
Holidays / Festivals in November in Mexico:
- Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) happens in early November across Mexico. On this holiday, Mexicans remember and honour their deceased loved ones. The holiday includes traditional foods and beverage and honouring departed ancestors with flowers and offerings. The most fabulous parades are in Puerto Vallarta and Mexico City.
Best Countries to Visit in November in Oceania
26. New Zealand – Ideal Weather for Hiking
Contributed by Heather at ‘New Zealand Wanderer’
Why is New Zealand one of the best countries to visit in November?
- Longer days and mild temperatures ideal for hiking
- Fewer crowds at popular attractions
- Start of Lupin season in the South Island
Situated across two islands in the South Pacific, spring is an ideal time to visit New Zealand with longer days, mild temperatures and spring blooms dotting the landscape. From the lush green North Island rich in culture to the adventure-filled Southern Alps of the South Island, the variety of landscapes, biodiversity and geological features provide unique and exciting experiences you won’t find anywhere else.
Weather in New Zealand In November:
- Late spring – mild temperatures and little rainfall.
- Temperatures range from 12 degrees to 20 degrees Celsius / 53 to 68 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Expect stable weather with low humidity (perfect for hiking).
- Days are often warm and sunny, but cooler in the evening.
- Rainfall is low to moderate depending on which part of the country you’ll be visiting.
Things to Do in New Zealand in November:
- Visit the city of Wellington and its many trendy cafes.
- Explore the South Island by hiring a campervan for a scenic road trip, or take a guided tour to Mount Cook or Milford Sound.
- Hike the famous Roy’s Peak track in Wanaka.
- Enjoy the geothermal hot pools in Rotorua with fewer crowds during the shoulder season.
- Visit the Bay of Islands to learn about the Treaty of Waitangi and experience the Māori culture through waiata (māori song) and kai (food).
- Explore the black sand beaches on Auckland’s west coast.
- Visit Lake Tekapo to experience the colourful lupins in peak bloom.
Events / Festivals in New Zealand in November:
- The Canterbury A&P Show – Experience the largest A&P Show in the country, and learn what it’s all about. Agricultural & Pastoral shows are country fairs celebrating excellence in farming and agriculture. This three-day event includes sheep-shearing and wood-cutting competitions, live entertainment, food, fairground rides, animal interactions and so much more.
27. Australia – Shoulder Season
Why is Australia one of the best destinations to travel in November?
1. Wildlife encounters
2. Warm weather, but not too hot
3. Reduced crowds and shoulder-season rates
Located in the southern hemisphere, Australia offers unique experiences for adventure, natural beauty, and diverse wildlife. November is an optimal month to visit, with pleasant weather, abundant events, and affordability with fewer crowds and lower prices outside of school holidays and peak season.
Weather in Australia in November:
- November is the end of spring, making it a perfect time to explore the country’s natural wonders.
- Mild temperatures range from 18 to 27 degrees Celsius / 64 to 81 degrees Fahrenheit in most regions, making it ideal for outdoor activities.
- In general, rainfall is low except in the tropical regions like Queensland and the Northern Territory where this marks the start of the rainy season.
Things to Do in Australia in November:
- Witness the annual humpback whale migration along the east coast.
- Visit iconic Uluru in the Red Centre, best explored before summer wet season.
- Explore famous Australian landmarks such as Sydney Opera House and Bondi Beach with less crowds.
- Winery tours and cellar door experiences in the Australian wine regions while vineyards are in full bloom.
- Experience native animal encounters! Australia’s 650+ National Parks await, offering incredible wildlife watching during breeding season. The world-famous Australia Zoo on the Sunshine Coast is also worth visiting!
- Enjoy popular road trips such as the Great Ocean Road or the drive between Sydney and Brisbane.
- Perfect swimming weather in the beaches along the East coast such Bondi Beach, Byron Bay, Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast.
- Visit the largest sand island in the world, K’gari / Fraser Island for some off road adventures and natural beauty.
- Tasmania remains cooler than most of mainland Australia and offer perfect weather for hiking.
- Enjoy wildflower season, especially in Western Australia, which showcases spectacular native flora species.
Events / Festivals in Australia in November:
- Melbourne Cup – Held on the 5th November each year, horse racing enthusiasts won’t want to miss the biggest race on the Australian calendar, the Melbourne Cup.
- Perth International Jazz Festival – Set in venues across the city, including the Perth Cultural Precinct, the festival highlights the crème de la crème of the country’s local jazz artists and throws in some international stars for good measure. From intimate shows at bars and nightclubs to packed concert hall performances, the festival has a loaded programme of events to suit the taste of every jazz fan.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Countries To Visit In November
What Country Is Best To Travel To In November?
The best country to travel to in November depends on individual preferences, but popular destinations include Thailand for its warm weather and cultural experiences, or Italy for its mild climate and autumn colours.
Where Is The Best Temperature In November?
The best temperature in November can be found in countries like Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa, where it is spring and temperatures are generally mild and comfortable.
Where Is The Warmest Place In Europe In November?
In November, the Canary Islands, specifically Tenerife and Gran Canaria, tend to have the warmest temperatures in Europe, making them popular destinations for winter sun and mild weather.
What Are The Places To Visit In Norway In November?
In November, some popular places to visit in Norway include Oslo, where you can explore museums and enjoy the city’s vibrant atmosphere, and Tromsø, known for its stunning Northern Lights displays and winter activities.
What Are Good Places To Visit And Things To Do In Belgium In November?
In November, you can visit Brussels to enjoy the city’s historic architecture, explore its museums, and indulge in delicious Belgian chocolate and beer. Additionally, you can explore the medieval city of Bruges, famous for its picturesque canals, charming streets, and romantic atmosphere.
What Are The Best Places To Visit In Sweden In November?
In November, Stockholm is a great place to visit in Sweden, where you can explore the historic old town, visit museums, and experience the unique Scandinavian culture. Additionally, Kiruna in Swedish Lapland offers the opportunity to witness the mesmerizing Northern Lights and participate in winter activities such as dog sledding and ice fishing.
Where Are The Best Places To See Aurora In November?
In November, some of the best places to see the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) in the Northern Hemisphere include Tromsø in Norway, Fairbanks in Alaska, and Reykjavik or Akureyri in Iceland, as these locations are known for their dark skies and optimal viewing conditions.
What Are Good Places To Visit And Things To Do In The Netherlands In November?
In November, you can visit Amsterdam in the Netherlands to explore its picturesque canals, visit world-class museums like the Van Gogh Museum, and experience the vibrant nightlife. Additionally, you can visit historic cities like Utrecht or take a leisurely bike ride through the Dutch countryside to enjoy the autumn colours.
Which Are The Best Places To Visit In The UK In November?
In November, some of the best places to visit in the United Kingdom include London, where you can explore iconic landmarks, enjoy theatre performances, and visit world-class museums, as well as Edinburgh in Scotland, known for its historic castle, charming streets, and vibrant arts scene.
Which Place In India Should I Visit To See Snowfall In November?
To witness snowfall in November, you can visit the hill station of Manali in Himachal Pradesh, where you can experience snow-capped mountains, enjoy winter sports, and immerse yourself in the scenic beauty of the region.
In Summary – Best Places to Visit in November
There are many beautiful countries to visit in November, but it depends on what you want from your destination. Whether you are looking to embrace the cold, relax on a beach, or do some sightseeing in the low-season when prices are cheaper, there are plenty of places to explore around the globe in the month of November.
There are many additional destinations that we could have listed as the best places to travel in November, but we feel that this list covered a variety of warm and cold weather destinations, activities, festivals and events.
Are you planning a holiday in November? Have you visited any of the recommended countries to visit in November listed above, or have we missed a country we should add to this list? Post your travel tips and questions below.
Trip Planners For The Best Of World Travel: Related Blog Posts
Want more info to help you plan your next trip? Check out all the articles we’ve written about the ‘Best of World Travel’ in all parts of the world.
35 Of The Best And Biggest Festivals In The World 2023 | 2024
10 Of The Best January Festivals Around The World In 2023 | 2024
20 Of The Best February Festivals Around The World In 2023 | 2024
15 Amazing March Festivals Around The World In 2023 | 2024
15 Of The Top April Festivals Around The World 2023 | 2024
12 Of The Best Festivals In May Around The World 2023 | 2024
10 Of The Best June Festivals Around The World In 2023 | 2024
The Ultimate Guide To Festivals In July Around The World In 2023 | 2024
12 Of The Best August Festivals Around The World In 2023 | 2024
12 Popular September Festivals And Events Around The World In 2023 | 2024
11 Of The Best October Festivals Around The World In 2023 | 2024
11 Of The Best November Festivals Around The World In 2023 | 2024
13 Of The Best Festivals In December Around The World In 2023 | 2024
Essential Travel Planning Resources
Below are our favourite companies to use for planning our travels. They consistently turn up the best deals, offer great customer service and amazing value, and overall, are better than their competitors. These are always our starting point when we need to book a flight, hotel, tour, car rental etc.
Book a Tour:
We mostly travel independently, however, some places are better to visit with a guided tour. We prefer GetYourGuide for its easy-to-use interface and solid reputation, but we also use Viator.
DISCLAIMER: This article contains affiliate links and Exit45 Travels are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. That means if you click a link and make a purchase, we make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy for more information.