This product review is of the Mares X Vision Dive Mask which I travel with and have used snorkelling all over the world.
Read on to see if this mask is for you also!
Mares X Vision Dive Mask Specifications
Model / Product Code
189 Grams (6.7 ounces)
Frame – Plastic
Strap – 100% Silicone
Tempered Glass Lens
Prescription Lenses Available
Yes – This product can have Negative and Bifocal (Gauge Reading) Corrective Lenses fitted.
Fits Medium to Large Width Adult Faces – one size fits all (most – Jonas also tried this mask but finds it a little too small for his face shape)
- Black Antracite Frame / Black Silicone Skirt
- Blue White Frame / Clear Silicone Skirt
- Lime Black Frame / Black Silicone Skirt
- White Black Frame / Black Silicone Skirt
- White Clear Frame / Clear Silicone Skirt
- Yellow White Frame / Clear Silicone Skirt
2 Year Warranty
Features of the Mares X Vision Dive Mask
- Tri-Comfort – This mask has small ribs between the frame and the skirt around the nose to relieve pressure on the face, resulting in an increase in comfort.
- Low volume- The low volume of the mask makes apnea diving applications perfect. Less equalizing is required and clearing is made so much simpler.
- Equipped with a large easy to reach nose pocket that allows one-handed ear equalisation even when wearing gloves.
- Dual tempered safety glass lenses
- Vision optimising angled tear-drop dual lenses
- Central position of the eyes and the optimally angled windows provide the widest possible viewing angle in every direction.
- Optical lenses available – This mask is available with corrective lenses. Negative dioptres (-1 to -7) and Bifocal (gauge reading) positive dioptres (+1.5 to +3) are available. Mares design makes it quick and easy to install the optical lenses.
- 100% silicone double feathered edge skirt is either ultra-clear or black – The skirting colour you choose is a personal preference and neither is better than the other. Black silicone will shield your eyes from the sun and tunnel your vision, whereas, clear silicone will open up your peripherals.
- Comfortable X-shaped silicone split strap with easy to adjust ergonomic side clips to ensure comfort and proper fit
- Low drag design – The compact design and smooth edges means less resistance in the water to give you the best possible efficiency underwater.
- Very light weight 189 g (6.7 ounces) and compact making it a great mask for travelling
Suppliers of the Mares X Vision Dive Mask
How to Prepare Your Lenses After Purchase
When you first purchase a mask, there is a thin layer of silicone on the inside of the glass lens which happens during production. This layer of silicone is what causes your mask to fog. Anti-fog products will not work until it has been pre-cleaned, as anti-fog’s needs to reach the glass directly and with the silicone layer covering this, it will not work.
To remove this layer of silicone, you will need to purchase a pre-cleaner or toothpaste. These products have a slight abrasive in them and will scrub the silicone layer off. Put a blob of paste on to each lens on the inside only, give it a good scrub and rinse off with fresh water. Repeat this process 3 times to ensure you have scrubbed off all of the silicone layer. The glass will not get scratched as it is tempered.
Now, your mask lenses are ready for some type of anti-fogging product, or you can just spit or lick the inside of the lens as spit is a natural anti-fog.
How to Look After Your Mares X Vision Dive Mask
- Wash thoroughly after every use in clean fresh warm water to prevent it from perishing
- Do not use chemicals to clean
- Store in a dark dry place (do no leave in direct sunlight) – this will prevent the silicone form turning a funny colour
Do I Recommend the Mares X Vision Dive Mask?
The state of the art designed lenses allow for the widest possible angled viewing in every direction and this extra vision opens up my peripheral vision allowing me to see more exciting and wonderful things when snorkelling. Also, the ribbed design around the nose area makes it comfortable and easier to equalize as it is a soft-to-touch silicone.
Personally, I chose the black silicone skirt as my eyes are very light sensitive and the black silicone provides more of a shield for my eyes from the sun and glare. However, the clear silicone does give you more peripheral vision so which you choose will be based on personal preference.
I love my Mares X Vision Dive Mask and highly recommend this mask to anyone out there looking to buy a mask of their own, whether for diving or snorkelling. It has been used extensively on our travels and it shows no signs of wear or tear.
Do you have a Mares X Vision Dive Mask? What do you love most about it? Leave a comment below.
DISCLAIMER: Some of the links within this blog post are affiliate links and Exit45 Travels are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This means that we may earn a small commission when you use these links and make a purchase without incurring an additional fee yourself. Many thanks for supporting this website! Please see our disclosure policy for more information.
TECH AND TRAVEL GEAR WE LOVE: RELATED BLOG POSTS
If you are looking for more detailed info on the products we love and recommend? Check out all the product reviews we’ve written to help you avoid inconvenient, and potentially costly mistakes.